Residential Multi-Service Teams (RMST)
SHIP’s mental health services assist clients with setting and working towards recovery goals, and living independently in the community. Comprised of Community Mental Health Counselors (CMHCs), RMSTs work collaboratively to provide case management to clients living within SHIP housing.
Funded by the Central West Local Health Integration Network (CW LHIN), our RMST ’s service various client populations within the following five streams:
Having accepted a housing unit and upon signing the tenant agreement with SHIP housing, clients are then assigned to a stream that matches their identified needs. RMST client service recipients must be:
- at least 16 years of age
- be diagnosed with a severe and persistent mental illness
- require case management support for living, learning and/or working
- willing and ready to work collaboratively with a counsellor to live safely in the community
Our Services and Programs
Time is invested in developing rapport and trust while client needs are assessed.
A recovery plan is developed to address :
- individual requirements (social, environmental, emotional, intellectual, physical etc.,)
- the client’s specific recovery goals, be it learning to live independently or securing long-term employment.
Periodically, each client’s situation is reassessed to ensure the recovery plan matches current needs and to make the necessary adjustments to the plan as required.
Clients in the RMST benefit from:
- life skills support
- one-stop access to information and referrals
- assistance in self-management of medical symptoms
- access to social and recreational activities
If you would like to apply to RMST, referrals are processed by SHIP’s Central Intake. For more information, contact Central Intake at 905-795-8742 or firstname.lastname@example.org