Mission & Values
To optimize quality of life through community-based housing and mental health services.
· ...we will effectively and efficiently respond to the needs of our clients, their families, friends and significant others
· ...through education and awareness we can help our community to be open, sensitive and supportive of the needs of those with mental illness and the efforts of this organization
· ...we will work toward successful reduction and eventual elimination of the stigma for individuals living with a mental illness
To achieve each aspect of our Vision, SHIP will continue to educate housing and health care service providers, potential landlords, neighbours and funders, clients and their families.
1. It is our collective belief that provision of housing and mental health services must be delivered with a sense of compassion.
2. To enable healthy outcomes, SHIP’s clients must be provided with the opportunity to pursue independence and to actively contribute to and participate in the community in which they live.
3. SHIP encourages supportive family members and significant others to play a positive role in the recovery process of their loved ones.
4. Respect for clients and recognition of their capabilities are key elements of SHIP’s Values.